Saturday, November 8, 2008

First attempt!


I am going to try to see if I can learn how to post pics and write now since I have gotten over the trauma of setting up this blog! We will see how it goes from here. You may not even read these words if I mess up!

The first picture is one taken shortly after I first blogged. I am in a barbershop society chorus and three of the long time members asked me to be in a quartet with them and sing at the Bloomsburg Fair barbershop competition. Yes, competition! I was excited and, of course, said "Yes!" The picture you see here is of our quartet taken from where Marlene was enjoying (tolerating?) the show. We were so new we didn't even have a name so just before we went on stage (literally) one of our group named us "The Only Town Four", giving homage to Bloomsburg, the only TOWN in PA. I enjoyed myself completely and when the awards were given, I was hoping for a respectable showing out of the 7 quartets that sang. Well, The Only Town Four walked away with first place! I was shocked! The first place quartet has to sing an "encore" and we didn't even have one prepared! We managed, though! Marlene and I laughed the rest of the evening as we ate around the fair (I hadn't eaten at all since noon even thoughwe were at the fair at 5 for a 7PM show!

No comments:

Post a Comment